123GuitarTabs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
123GuitarTabs.com

The Best Guitar Forum On The Web!

Trembolo Picking Help Please Guitartabz  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Well Then
Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 12:46 am by BassXRocker

» What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 6:17 pm by Starom

» Band names that would never make it
Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 6:16 pm by Starom

» Best, Good, Bad ( and maybe Worse)
Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 12:18 pm by Starom

» Tab requests
Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 8:52 pm by Buckethead

» Analog Recording
Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 10:15 pm by Blackdog7

» what now?
Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 10:10 pm by Blackdog7

» John Mayer
Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:43 am by Blackdog7

» Simple Man intro
Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:41 am by Blackdog7

Top posters
numberonejrio (373)
Trembolo Picking Help Please Vote_lcapTrembolo Picking Help Please Voting_barTrembolo Picking Help Please Vote_rcap 
BassXRocker (294)
Trembolo Picking Help Please Vote_lcapTrembolo Picking Help Please Voting_barTrembolo Picking Help Please Vote_rcap 
GuitarGod804 (239)
jimthams (231)
Buckethead (196)
Starom (182)
TheLonging (136)
Devil_panda (95)
Nizzi (62)
Blackdog7 (47)
Poll
Forums new look
Like it!
Trembolo Picking Help Please Vote_lcap43%Trembolo Picking Help Please Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Change back to the old style!
Trembolo Picking Help Please Vote_lcap57%Trembolo Picking Help Please Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of 123guitartabs.com on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of 123GuitarTabs.com on your social bookmarking website
Tuner

Trembolo Picking Help Please

Go down 
+2
TheLonging
BassXRocker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BassXRocker
Admin
BassXRocker

Trembolo Picking Help Please Empty
PostSubject: Trembolo Picking Help Please   Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 8:02 pm

Okay, my friend actually is the one who would like to learn. He cant really figure out how to set up his hand and wrist to be able to do it. any tips?
Back to top Go down
http://www.guitarhero.thegamereviews.com/forums
TheLonging
TheLonging

PostSubject: Re: Trembolo Picking Help Please   Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 8:06 pm

I'm not too good in this area. I like to anchor my pinky and ring finger on the body of the guitar and near any of the pickups (preferably near the middle pickup) and start out strumming slow until I can reach a comfortable speed to pick (my record is picking 16ths at a speed of 175 for a few seconds). I also like to slide my finger if I move to a fret that's a few frets away. Also, if the string is the high E string, I don't go crazy with the picking. If it's the low E string, I put more effort and strum more crazy to get better sound.
Back to top Go down
http://www.123guitartabs.com/
jimthams
123 Guitar Wiz
jimthams

PostSubject: Re: Trembolo Picking Help Please   Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 8:08 pm

i put my hand right above the neck pick up so that i'm actually playing rite above the fret board.

also i keep my wrist really loose n i don't move with my arm, its all in the wrist baby
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jameshenrythames
Buckethead
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trembolo Picking Help Please   Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 12:58 am

TheLonging wrote:
I'm not too good in this area. I like to anchor my pinky and ring finger on the body of the guitar and near any of the pickups (preferably near the middle pickup) and start out strumming slow until I can reach a comfortable speed to pick (my record is picking 16ths at a speed of 175 for a few seconds). I also like to slide my finger if I move to a fret that's a few frets away. Also, if the string is the high E string, I don't go crazy with the picking. If it's the low E string, I put more effort and strum more crazy to get better sound.

Bad, bad idea.

Anchoring won't stop you from playing well, there's no doubt about that. However, you can do much, MUCH better if you teach yourself to not anchor.

TS, I'd advise letting your friend know that one main thing NOT to do is anchor.
Back to top Go down
TheLonging
TheLonging

PostSubject: Re: Trembolo Picking Help Please   Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 3:15 am

Meh. Anchoring helps me. Might not help him.
Back to top Go down
Buckethead
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trembolo Picking Help Please   Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 2:32 pm

TheLonging...

I used to think the same thing. Anchoring does seem to give you better control and movement, but really all you're doing is limiting your wrist's motion. This won't stop you from being a good player, hell, MAB does it. But it won't help your playing. It can be a hard habit to break, and it was for me, but after about 21 days or so of not anchoring, your mind will stop thinking about you needing to do it, and you've broken your habit.
Back to top Go down
TheLonging
TheLonging

PostSubject: Re: Trembolo Picking Help Please   Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 7:44 pm

That's the thing. I DON'T WANT TO. It helps me a lot.
Back to top Go down
TheFamousSpaceWhale
123 Newbie
TheFamousSpaceWhale

PostSubject: Re: Trembolo Picking Help Please   Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 3:08 am

I'm addicted to anchoring and don't see a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
jimthams
123 Guitar Wiz
jimthams

PostSubject: Re: Trembolo Picking Help Please   Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 4:13 am

zak wylde doesn't anchor so neither shud yall =l

jk it doesn't matter =p, if u can play that way wat ever. its like ppl hooking w/their thumbs
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jameshenrythames
Blackdog7
123 Newbie
Blackdog7

PostSubject: Re: Trembolo Picking Help Please   Trembolo Picking Help Please EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:32 am

The way I do it is weird. I'm so used to bowing tremolo on my violin so I do it just like I would except without a bow and slightly palm muted most of the time. Idk maybe look up violin tremolo vids and that might show you how i do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trembolo Picking Help Please   Trembolo Picking Help Please Empty

Back to top Go down

Trembolo Picking Help Please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
123GuitarTabs.com :: Instruments :: Guitar & Bass Basics-
Jump to: