123GuitarTabs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
123GuitarTabs.com

The Best Guitar Forum On The Web!

Aiden - Conviction Guitartabz  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Well Then
Aiden - Conviction EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 12:46 am by BassXRocker

» What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aiden - Conviction EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 6:17 pm by Starom

» Band names that would never make it
Aiden - Conviction EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 6:16 pm by Starom

» Best, Good, Bad ( and maybe Worse)
Aiden - Conviction EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 12:18 pm by Starom

» Tab requests
Aiden - Conviction EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 8:52 pm by Buckethead

» Analog Recording
Aiden - Conviction EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 10:15 pm by Blackdog7

» what now?
Aiden - Conviction EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 10:10 pm by Blackdog7

» John Mayer
Aiden - Conviction EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:43 am by Blackdog7

» Simple Man intro
Aiden - Conviction EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:41 am by Blackdog7

Top posters
numberonejrio (373)
Aiden - Conviction Vote_lcapAiden - Conviction Voting_barAiden - Conviction Vote_rcap 
BassXRocker (294)
Aiden - Conviction Vote_lcapAiden - Conviction Voting_barAiden - Conviction Vote_rcap 
GuitarGod804 (239)
jimthams (231)
Buckethead (196)
Starom (182)
TheLonging (136)
Devil_panda (95)
Nizzi (62)
Blackdog7 (47)
Poll
Forums new look
Like it!
Aiden - Conviction Vote_lcap43%Aiden - Conviction Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Change back to the old style!
Aiden - Conviction Vote_lcap57%Aiden - Conviction Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of 123guitartabs.com on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of 123GuitarTabs.com on your social bookmarking website
Tuner

Aiden - Conviction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Starom
Starom

Aiden - Conviction Empty
PostSubject: Aiden - Conviction   Aiden - Conviction EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 5:00 pm

Aiden, in more ways than one, will always remind me of AFI. They were the make-up. They look pretty emo. They both released a short EP with cartoony art. They both started-off as dark, hardcore punk bands and evolved into something else. Sadly, the band that Aiden has evolved into has left me at a loss as to where the talent went.

I got this album for my birthday last year, a present from Dad, full of expectation as to how good it would be. Admittedly, I made the crucial error of not listening to any of the tracks before asking for it - but after loving Nightmare Anatomy and Our Gang's Dark Oath, I was in the opinion that nothing could go wrong. How naive...

The first track, The Opening Departure, begins a way which could be good. The piano chords set up a pleasant atmosphere. Suddenly, the vocals appear. They sound a bit weaker than those off the last album, but the song is acoustic. You could possibly understand the slow. Waiting for the song to get going, I set about glancing through the album booklet. My CD starting whirring, informing me the track was over. A wave of disappointment hit me - this album just wasn't going to be good.

As the first track faded out, I was treated to the poppy guitar/drum into to She Will Love You. It could be OK. But it just doesn't take off. And wiL Francis' vocals begin to layer over the music. They sound weak and choked, as if he's struggling to cope with the simplistic dull music the band are churning out.

Things improve somewhat in the next track, the instruments no longer sounding quite so faded. Teenage Queen starts of with a distorted riff, and continues into a gentle plucked guitar section, more reminiscent of their Nightmare Anatomy album on songs such as Genetic Design for Dying. The vocals, too, sound far more effective on this track, adding a strong, pounding rhythm, contributing to the overall sound rather than just being their for the sake of it.

The bassline for the next track, Hurt Me, echoes a post-Blur indie song, as does the rather pathetic vocal effort and twinkling guitar part. Whether or not Aiden have attempted to become a dull, indie-esque band, I do not know. The chorus of the song is quite possibly the best on the album, though, a massive improvement to the likes of One Love or Moment. Whatever talent Aiden formerly possessed appears wasted, the strength of their older songs, however AFI-like they were, is long-gone, leaving in its wake a churning pop-emo CD of mediocre songs, weak vocals and odd sounded guitar parts.

In amongst the remaining efforts, only one other track really stands out as worth mentioning - Son of Lies. One of Aiden's best ever tracks, featuring Efrem Schultz of Death by Stereo, contains all of the things which once generated so much appeal for the band. It has strong, heavy gang-vocals with the occasional scream, distortion actually applied and breaks. Truly excellent, which is far more than I can say for the rest of the album.

All in all, this is a weak effort from a young band that once showed so much potential. At least AFI's newest album held your attention, still featuring songs with that classic edge and darkness they were so famous for. This attempt to mirror their newer style is just dull.

4/10

Footnote: It really bothered me that this album was so poor, particularly considering the strengths of their earlier release. Plus, they've lost of thier guitarists now, which can only make things worse...

Thanks for reading though ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/morats
GuitarGod804
Admin
GuitarGod804

Aiden - Conviction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiden - Conviction   Aiden - Conviction EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 5:43 pm

nice Ill get both of these reviews posted tommorow asap
Back to top Go down
https://tabs123guitar.forumotion.com
Starom
Starom

Aiden - Conviction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiden - Conviction   Aiden - Conviction EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 5:50 pm

Thanks very much ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/morats
Sponsored content

Aiden - Conviction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiden - Conviction   Aiden - Conviction Empty

Back to top Go down

Aiden - Conviction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
123GuitarTabs.com :: General :: 123 Contribution-
Jump to: