123GuitarTabs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
123GuitarTabs.com

The Best Guitar Forum On The Web!

lesson on major scale using CMAJ Guitartabz  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Well Then
lesson on major scale using CMAJ EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 12:46 am by BassXRocker

» What Are You Listening To Right Now?
lesson on major scale using CMAJ EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 6:17 pm by Starom

» Band names that would never make it
lesson on major scale using CMAJ EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 6:16 pm by Starom

» Best, Good, Bad ( and maybe Worse)
lesson on major scale using CMAJ EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 12:18 pm by Starom

» Tab requests
lesson on major scale using CMAJ EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 8:52 pm by Buckethead

» Analog Recording
lesson on major scale using CMAJ EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 10:15 pm by Blackdog7

» what now?
lesson on major scale using CMAJ EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 10:10 pm by Blackdog7

» John Mayer
lesson on major scale using CMAJ EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:43 am by Blackdog7

» Simple Man intro
lesson on major scale using CMAJ EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:41 am by Blackdog7

Top posters
numberonejrio (373)
lesson on major scale using CMAJ Vote_lcaplesson on major scale using CMAJ Voting_barlesson on major scale using CMAJ Vote_rcap 
BassXRocker (294)
lesson on major scale using CMAJ Vote_lcaplesson on major scale using CMAJ Voting_barlesson on major scale using CMAJ Vote_rcap 
GuitarGod804 (239)
jimthams (231)
Buckethead (196)
Starom (182)
TheLonging (136)
Devil_panda (95)
Nizzi (62)
Blackdog7 (47)
Poll
Forums new look
Like it!
lesson on major scale using CMAJ Vote_lcap43%lesson on major scale using CMAJ Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Change back to the old style!
lesson on major scale using CMAJ Vote_lcap57%lesson on major scale using CMAJ Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of 123guitartabs.com on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of 123GuitarTabs.com on your social bookmarking website
Tuner

lesson on major scale using CMAJ

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
johnnymac9
123 Newbie

lesson on major scale using CMAJ Empty
PostSubject: lesson on major scale using CMAJ   lesson on major scale using CMAJ EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 12:39 am

i know you guys are just getting off the ground and thought you need some reading lessons as i personally hate learning from videos but that is anyones personal preference. technique is good on videos thoery not so much.

i probably won't be on here that much but i thought i could help you out a little

here is a reading lesson on the major scale and key that i have written that does not get used as a lesson just a copy paste quick responce to people learning

i don't really care if you use it or not just though i would give it to you to help you on your way

HERE it is

the major scale, major key and how to make it

you make it by counting tones W= whole tone H= half tone

a whole tone is 2 frets = W

a half tone is 1 fret = H

the formula to make the major scale is :

WWHWWWH

we will make the CMAJ scale with this formula. the scale is in bold

C Db D Eb E F Gb G Ab A Bb B C
WWHWWWH

or
C C# D D# E F F# G G# A A# B C
WWHWWWH

so the Cmaj scale is CDEFGABC

this is what is know as a diatonic scale. meaning there is 7 notes and each note must be a different letter. there are only 7 different letters but 19 notes in the cromatic scale

intervals

intervals represent a note. and define what is hapening to a note within a scale.

the intervals for the major scale are

CDEFGABC

when speaking in proper terms we would call these the following

C-1-perfect prime
D-2-major second
E-3-major third
F-4-perfect fourth
G-5-perfect fifth
A-6-major sixth
B-7-major seventh
C-8-perfect octave

and octave is the same note played 1 pitch(i think that is the right word) higher

sometimes we augement (sharpen, #) or diminish (flatten, b or bb) various notes to make chords or fit the scale to a chord

C = perfect prime or diminshed second
C#/Db =augmented prime or minor second
D = major second or diminished third
D#/Eb = augmented second or minor third
E/Fb = major third or diminished fourth
E#/F = augmented third or perfect fourth
F#/Gb = augmented fourth or diminished fifth
G= perfect fifth or diminished sixth
G#/Ab = augmented fifth or minor sixth
A = major sixth or diminished seventh
A#/Bb = augmented sixth or minor seventh
B/Cb = major seventh or diminished octave
C = perfect octave or diminished ninth

these intervals continue over and over technically

you will notice the perfect intervals 1 4 5 8 are only flattened(b) once to become diminished where as the major intervals 2 3 6 7 are flattened(bb) twice to become diminished

there is a general rule that you do not double augment an interval. it is ok for a note such as F# to becaome aumented or sharpend to F## but we do not want it to be F### that goes with flats too

general chords for a mojor progression are

Major(M) always capital when writing

minor(m) always lower case when writing

diminished(dim0) always lower and supposed to be followed by a degrese
symbol but my comp can' do that

now for chords

this is how you form the simple triad chords we will be using staying with the key of C MAJOR

Major intervals 1 3 5
minor intervals 1 b3 5
diminished 1 b3 b5

you must remember that when making a chord in the key of Cmajor only a C chord will use the C major scale. if you wanted Dmin for example you would need to form the chord with the intervals listed above from the Dmaj scale, b3 giving it the minor tonality

to stay in key with Cmaj we must use the same notes as Cmaj in all our chords(for now cause we are just learning)

there is also a formula to stay in key in a major progression it is

Major minor minor Major Major minor diminished

OR

I ii iii IV V vi vii0

so to stay in key we would use the chords

CMaj Dmin Emin Fmaj GMaj Amin Bdim0

so using these chords resolving back to Cmaj you would use the Cmaj scale
Back to top Go down
Devil_panda
123 Newbie
Devil_panda

PostSubject: Re: lesson on major scale using CMAJ   lesson on major scale using CMAJ EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 2:06 am

thats good
Back to top Go down
TheLonging
TheLonging

PostSubject: Re: lesson on major scale using CMAJ   lesson on major scale using CMAJ EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 3:26 am

johnnymac9 wrote:
i know you guys are just getting off the ground and thought you need some reading lessons as i personally hate learning from videos but that is anyones personal preference. technique is good on videos thoery not so much.

i probably won't be on here that much

I lol'd.

Noob question, I can do this on acoustic, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.123guitartabs.com/
johnnymac9
123 Newbie

PostSubject: Re: lesson on major scale using CMAJ   lesson on major scale using CMAJ EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 3:30 am

TheLonging wrote:
johnnymac9 wrote:

i probably won't be on here that much

I lol'd.

Noob question, I can do this on acoustic, right?

thoery is for all instruments so of coarse you can do it with an acoustic guitar Smile

this lesson is just based more towards the guitar but it could be appied to the piano or another instrument
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lesson on major scale using CMAJ   lesson on major scale using CMAJ Empty

Back to top Go down

lesson on major scale using CMAJ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
123GuitarTabs.com :: General :: 123 Contribution-
Jump to: