123GuitarTabs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
123GuitarTabs.com

The Best Guitar Forum On The Web!

Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II Guitartabz  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Well Then
Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 12:46 am by BassXRocker

» What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 6:17 pm by Starom

» Band names that would never make it
Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 6:16 pm by Starom

» Best, Good, Bad ( and maybe Worse)
Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 12:18 pm by Starom

» Tab requests
Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 8:52 pm by Buckethead

» Analog Recording
Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 10:15 pm by Blackdog7

» what now?
Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 10:10 pm by Blackdog7

» John Mayer
Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:43 am by Blackdog7

» Simple Man intro
Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:41 am by Blackdog7

Top posters
numberonejrio (373)
Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II Vote_lcapCue to Eclipse - Chapter II Voting_barCue to Eclipse - Chapter II Vote_rcap 
BassXRocker (294)
Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II Vote_lcapCue to Eclipse - Chapter II Voting_barCue to Eclipse - Chapter II Vote_rcap 
GuitarGod804 (239)
jimthams (231)
Buckethead (196)
Starom (182)
TheLonging (136)
Devil_panda (95)
Nizzi (62)
Blackdog7 (47)
Poll
Forums new look
Like it!
Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II Vote_lcap43%Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Change back to the old style!
Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II Vote_lcap57%Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of 123guitartabs.com on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of 123GuitarTabs.com on your social bookmarking website
Tuner

Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Starom
Starom

Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II Empty
PostSubject: Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II   Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 4:43 pm

Well, this is a band that you could certainly say are just waiting to make their major breakthrough. Whether it’s their Deftones-esque guitar-work or the contrast between the clean and harsh vocals, this band has a lot to offer, hopefully proving to the critics of the scene that metal still has plenty to offer.

Their first track, Astral Planing, begins with a gentle crescendo, straight through to a triumphant blast of guitars, perfectly setting the scene for the track. The feedback at the end of the track fades nicely into the next track, Tell Me Things I Want to Hear. With the distortion turned up, the bite on the guitars at full, the vocals strong and the drumming thundering along, one can certainly see that this band is not a one trick pony!

Naturally Unpredictable takes this heavier edge one step further and the track is full of a moving guitar part, great drumming on behalf of “Luke D” and the soaring vocals of “Dan”. The track suddenly drops to a quite guitar jingle and a gentle vocal, contrasting neatly with the rest of the track. It all kicks back in again, playing that more upbeat sound as earlier. It’s a fantastic track, really showing that this is a band that could appeal to both areas of the alternative scene – both rock and metal.

The final track, We Won’t Step Down, is a sudden change, the sound suddenly much more similar to that of Casually Dressed-era Funeral for a Friend. Everything about this track is good, including the layered vocals at the end of the track, which really make this whole demo sound complete. Each track adds something difference, making this demo a great piece of progressive rock/metal, something that I could only recommend in that hope that eventually, people’s ear will prick up at the mention of this bands name, completed by that urge to talk about them to the nearest living thing. I know that I do.

8/10

(Not part of the review - just a footnote) I'm really impressed by these guys - they're an up and coming band that use the other forum that Nizzi and I use. They're really fresh sounding and have loads of new ideas. It's looking pretty good for them really. Check them out if you don't know them already and if you're a fan of Deftones, Funeral for a Friend or even A Day to Remember. You won't regret it, I promise!
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/morats
Nizzi
123 Newbie
Nizzi

PostSubject: Re: Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II   Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 8:03 am

Yay Cue To Eclipse! Very Happy
Great review, I especially like the last paragraph Smile
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/evilnizzi
Starom
Starom

PostSubject: Re: Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II   Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 8:41 am

Thanks Very Happy I'm glad you like it!

We need to spread the word about bands like this though ^^ They're pretty darn good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/morats
Nizzi
123 Newbie
Nizzi

PostSubject: Re: Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II   Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 8:48 am

Agreed!
Does this forum have a band recomendation thread or section?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/evilnizzi
Buckethead
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II   Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 9:05 am

Nizzi wrote:
Agreed!
Does this forum have a band recomendation thread or section?
*goes to make*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II   Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II Empty

Back to top Go down

Cue to Eclipse - Chapter II
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
123GuitarTabs.com :: General :: 123 Contribution-
Jump to: